Tuesday, April 22, 2014

7 Weeks Left!!!

This is all starting to sink in super fast!

You know how when you first start something and it seems like a million years until the end is in sight? That during the first few weeks/months of the process it just feels like you are going through the motions but not really getting anywhere? Then all of a sudden... BOOM... right out of no where and you are half way there, the end is in sight and holy guacamole you friggin did it!

That's how I feel right now.

This whole time I feel like I have been just doing this...doing the work outs... doing the diet... shopping for suites and shoes... but I take a look back to the very very beginning and realize that I have come so far!

I did the diet, the workouts, the shopping and its only 7 weeks until show time!

I posted on my Facebook Page yesterday that I feel like I have already won. I was looking back at some pictures that I took at the beginning of all this and realized how far I have actually come. I got my suit and shoes in the mail yesterday and when I put them on it all became super real. I am really going to compete in a fitness competition. I also said that I was my biggest competition, bigger than anything that I will encounter on that stage and I am giving myself one serious pat on the back!

If you would have asked me this time last year if I ever saw myself competing in a fitness competition I would have probably looked at you like you were from some other planet and then laughed an "uh hell no" and a "what planet are you from" and maybe an "are you crazy? I could never do that"

Well I turned my never's into now's and I am amazed just completely and utterly amazed!

The crazy thing is, is that ANYONE can do this! I never realized until now how many excuses I gave myself to get out of getting in shape... and really all I was doing was not holding myself accountable.

If there is anything that I do not have it would be time. But you know what... if you want it bad enough you will make time. Believe me.... you will find a way.

My days pretty much look like this right now

6am: Wake up
7am: Eat
9am: Take princess to school and go to work
5:30pm: Pick up princess from school
6pm: Go to the gym
8pm: Get home
9pm: Make lunches for the man, me and the princess
9:45pm: Do the dishes and anything else
10pm: finally sit down

*I am in the gym 6 days a week! Monday-Saturday

Its frickin tough but I push through it each and every day. My pay off is when I lift up my shirt and look in the mirror. Your body keeps track of what you do even when you don't keep track yourself... and I am in love with what I am seeing... I think I am borderline narcissistic... not in a bad way but in the way where I have NEVER EVER seen my body look like this before and I cant stop staring at myself!

If you have ever considered or have been interested in competing and you are reading this right now... put down everything and do some research and seriously do it! I have not had one single regret throughout this process and it is been just down right amazing! This is the best thing I have ever done for myself! So excited to see what happens over the next 7 weeks!
7 Weeks Left!!! 

xoxo Kaila

3 comments: