Good Morning Fancy Folks :)
Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I have plans to get back on track. My coach asked me if I was planning on competing in the 2015 season and I told him I would think about it... as of now the answer is a no but is also a strong maybe.
If I decide not to compete it will only be because I am getting married in August and I am not sure I will have the time to compete or the money to do it either. Maybe if I could get some sponsors that would pay for everything.... but as of now no decisions are being made other than shifting my focus back to my health.
Since I am just starting back out on getting back on track, this weeks meal plan is pretty doable and I would recommend it to anyone who is just starting out or like me, needs to hop back in the saddle. Its not super restrictive and pretty basic and still allows for the good stuff but the health focus will be during the daytime meals and dinner is left open to eating what you want with portion control.
This meal plan will get you used to eating on a schedule and will set you up for the weeks to come. Each week I will be putting out a new meal plan with tweaks to the schedule as well as a work out plan for that week.
**Please note that I am not a nutritionist or a personal trainer. This is what works for ME and might not work for you.**
I would like to see who will be doing this with me... because we are in it together. So when you get a minute jump over to my facebook page and like it w/ notifications and let me know what you thought of this weeks work out schedule and meal plan :)
Below will be the grocery list for the week, my list of dinners with links to the recipes, then at the bottom will be the scheduled work outs for each day. I hope you enjoy!
Dinners this week:
-Spanich, Artichoke and Chicken Lasagna w/ French Bread and Salad (Portion this 4oz of lasagna, 1 slice of french bread, huge portion of salad with one serving of low calorie/fat dressing) Find the recipe here.
-Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Tomato Basil Cream Sauce w/ Basmati Rice and Salad (Portion this 4oz of the Tilapia, 1/2 cup of rice, huge portion of salad with one serving of low calorie/fat dressing) Find the recipe here.
-Ground Turkey Tacos with Beans and Rice (Portion this 4oz of turkey, top with lettuce, tomato, avocado... tortilla optional, small portions of beans and rice) No Recipe for this one :)
- Pot Roast w/ French Bread and Veggies (Portion this 4oz of Roast, 1 slice french bread, 1 serving of the veggies that cooked with the roast) Find the recipe here.
-Herb Roasted Whole Chicken w/ Veggies and Salad (Portion this 4oz of chicken, huge salad, side of veggies) Find the recipe here.
All these dinners are healthy and as long as you watch your portion control you will be good :)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
Breakfast: Egg White Oats
You will need:
1/2 cup of oats
2 egg whites
1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt (you can use any kind or flavor)
1/2 cup of fruit (fresh or frozen)
- Measure out 1/2 cup of oats in your bowl and cover with 1 cup of water. Sprinkle some cinnamon and stevia or fruit and mix it all around. Then, add your egg whites. Mix it again until everything looks to be one consistency.
- Cover in the microwave for 1 minute. Take it out, stir it, and cook again for another minute. Mix it all up one more time and pop in the microwave for 30 second intervals again and again until your oat bowl contains the factor of fluffiness that you prefer. ... Seriously, they're almost puffy ...
- Serve with the Greek Yogurt on top.
- Search on Pinterest or Google for Egg White Oats. There are a million recipes online so choose one that you like the most :)
Lunch: Taco Salad
You will need (for the salad):
4oz of Ground Turkey seasoned with Ms. Dash Chipotle
2 handfuls of greens (any type of lettuce)
Tomatoes, Cilantro, 1/2 Avocado, Purple Onion
You will need (for the dressing):
3/4 cup low fat mayo
1 cup of fat free or 2% milk
2 tbl of taco seasoning
Fresh chopped chives
Directions (for the salad):
- Cook enough ground turkey for the week on Sunday, you can store 3 individual 4 oz servings for the week.
- Chop your tomatoes, cilantro, avocado and onion and toss it in the greens
- Make your dressing (do this on Sunday) by putting all the ingredients into a jar and shaking the hell out of it. Store it in your fridge at least 1 hour before serving.
- You can make enough salads for 3 days or you can make these the night before.
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday:
Breakfast: Green Monster Smoothie
Find the recipe here... this thing is delicious!
Lunch: Chicken Salad
You will need:
4 oz of chicken breasts cut into strips or cubes (cook this on Sunday)
2 handfuls- Lettuce of your choice
Your favorite fixings... I like tomatoes, cucumber, and peppers
1 serving of low cal/fat dressing
Mix it all up and eat it :)
Breakfast: Healthy Breakfast Burrito
You will need:
2 egg whites 1 whole egg
3 turkey sausage links cooked and cut into pieces
1/4 cup or abouts of chopped peppers (I use sweet peppers but you can use bell too)
1 tortilla (I love the spinach or tomato basil ones)
- Cook the sausage and slice into pieces
- Remove sausage from pan and spray with non stick spray
- Cook peppers in pan till soft, add eggs and scramble
- Add the sausage and heat through
- Put it in a tortilla and serve with salsa or hot sauce
Directions: Make your tuna how you like it :) Serve on 2 pieces of whole wheat bread.
Snack ideas: Make sure that you are eating snacks between meals to keep your metabolism going throughout the day. I like to eat at least every 2-3 hours so make a schedule and put alarms in your phone to go off when you need to eat so you don't forget. Here are some ideas for snacks:
*Apple with PB *Carrots with Hummus *Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce *Handful of Almonds
*Hard boiled egg with 1/2 avocado *Fruit and Nut mix *I have more snack ideas on previous meal plans here.
**** Shopping List (does not include dinners)****
- Old fashion oats
- Greek Yogurt
- Fruit (fresh or frozen)
- Peanut butter
- Sugar free almond milk
- Turkey sausage links or pattys
- Peppers (sweet or bell)
- Ground Turkey
- Avocados (2)
- Low fat Mayo
- Taco Seasoning
- Green onions/chives
- Purple onion
- Chicken breasts
Week 1 work outs:
Monday: 45 minutes of light cardio
Tuesday: 30 minutes of weight lifting for Arms and Shoulders, 10 minutes Abs, 20 mins of light cardio
Wednesday: 45 minutes of light cardio
Thursday: 30 minutes of weight lifting Chest and Back, 10 minutes Abs, 20 mins of light cardio
Friday: 30 minutes of weight lifting Legs and Butt, 10 minutes Abs, 20 mins of light cardio
Saturday: Active rest... try going for a walk, doing yoga, cleaning the house... etc.
Sunday: Optional active rest or do absolutely nothing :)
So there you have it... this weeks plan to get moving. Lets make 2015 our bitch :)