Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day One in the Books!!

Hey everyone! Checking in for day 1...

Today didn't quite go exactly to my plan but I did at least accomplish a few things on my list today! My goal for today was to do 2 rounds of the following work outs:

High Knees 60 seconds
Reverse Lunge Step Ups (right) 20 reps- using dumbbells
High Side Plank Reach Through (right) 20 reps
Reverse Lunge Step Ups (left) 20 reps- using dumbbells
High Side Plank Reach Through (left) 20 reps
Temple Tap Abs 20 reps
Plank Jumps 20 reps
Plank Jacks 20 reps
1 leg hip thrust 20 reps (right then left)

I also planned on doing Yoga as well as a 2 mile run.

So I got up bright and early this morning at 7 am and made my green tea and off to yoga I went :) My town has this awesome donation based yoga class every Saturday morning so I have added that to my work out plan every Saturday while I am training for this competition. I have been going for a little over a month now and I love it! Today she made us SWEAT!

I wanted to go tanning and I also stopped at a few garage sales on the way home cause I cant pass one up (I'm a treasure hunter) the problem with this was that I didn't eat breakfast until 10:30 when I should have eaten something either before yoga or after then had a snack at 10:30. I will learn better for next time.

For breakfast I had:
1/2 cup dry oatmeal
1/2 tbs flax seed
1/2 tbs chia seed
1/2 tbs honey
1 Turkey sausage patty
1 egg
1 Banana

I then took my little princess to her T-ball practice and enjoyed the nice weather we are having! I went to the spa after that to get a facial and sit in a Slimpod for 30 minutes in a sauna suite. Have you ever tried that? It is crazy! The Slimpod gets up to 178 degrees while you are laying in a sauna suite designed to make you sweat like crazy. It gets really really hot and super gross. It is supposed to leach out your toxins and help you lose weight. I weighed myself before and after and lost about a pound and the super gross part was that I had like 3 tablespoons of sweat that was at the foot of my sauna suite (sorry this is nasty) but what freaked me out was that the sweat was a light brown color. I asked the Spa lady why it was brown and she said that was toxins that were leached out with my sweat! Not to mention the fact that I burned 250 calories just laying there and I guess you continue to burn calories for the next 12 hours after using the Slimpod. Cool stuff if you ever get the chance to try it.

By the time I made it home it was 2:30 and I had not eaten since I ate breakfast. For lunch I had:

2 cups of mixed greens
6oz of chicken breasts
2 tbs of poppy seed dressing

I cleaned out the garage while my food was digesting then started my work out rounds. I was only able to make it through one round and I didn't get my run in. I started doing the second round and got through high knees and the first side of the reverse lunges and then went to go do the side plank reach through and my body said no... I listened. I know that I did not provide my body with enough nutrition to power through my work out but I plan to make it through my work out tomorrow.

I finished with a Protein shake:
1 scoop of whey-protein powder chocolate
1 tbs peanut butter
1 banana
2 strawberries

For dinner I will be trying to play catch up with my calories because right now I need them. I can feel it in my body.

Dinner will be:
1 Turkey Burger
1 leaf of lettuce
1 slice tomato
Avocado
1 tsp ketchup
1 tsp mayo
1 tsp mustard
Sweet Potato Fries

I will also have another snack later this evening although not sure yet as to what it will be. Maybe some yogurt with flax seeds and wheat germ or a hard boiled egg.

So... that was my first day :)

See you tomorrow

xoxo Kaila

No comments:

Post a Comment