Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What a Day!!

On January 2nd 2014 I promised myself that I was going to get into the best shape of my life this year. Every single year for the last five years I found myself making excuses to not work out... like I still had time. I tone up pretty quickly (or so I thought) so I have plenty of time... boy was I wrong! Every single summer after summer I would say the same things and still be sitting on the beach hating myself for not doing it. Its my cycle and now that I am more knowledged about the nutrition and fitness world I am afraid that I could have done some major metabolic damage to my system. I would be good during the summer then by winter time I quit and gain a ton of weight.

This year while I was at my bosses New Year's party I saw myself in pictures and videos. I am sad to say that who I saw was not me. Every angle in every photo and video was painful to look at. I was finally confronted with what I had let myself become. I ate out every day because it would save me time and I didn't have to make a lunch for myself. And I just plain did not care what I was putting in my body. I can hear myself saying all winter long "I always fluff up in the winter and slim down in the summer" no... no I don't. I think that is what I do but it's never what I did. 

Until this time, those photos, and for how I am feeling today more than  10 weeks into this and I am actually going to be competing in my very first competition ever in 12 weeks! I feel so confident and even sexy when I am alone, and I love the way my body feels inside and out. I can start to see my abs peaking through and earlier I was playing around with my camera on my phone and decided to flex my arm!
I have BICEPS!!!! I don't think I have ever had those!!!!

Out of all days from the very beginning I actually pushed my limit today. I literally just sat down to type this a half hour ago, but I got in all my work outs today every single one! Earlier in the week I had to cut back my rounds by 1 because I could not power through them. I broke my work outs into segments today.

AM: 2 Mile Run and a Fit Test
PM: Round 1

I ate dinner afterward because I was feeling the need for energy, after dinner I washed the dishes, made lunches for everyone, put my little princess to bed then at 8:30 I started Round 2. 

My nutrition was on point today as well which I give myself kudos for :) As I am sure you can see that I have not dived into this whole restrictive eating thing... I have an absolute love for food but I cannot go cold turkey. I have started to slowly ween myself off of certain things as well as up my water intake (so much that I basically pee every five minutes) and everything in moderation. I think that I would be setting myself up for failure if I didn't allow myself to enjoy a few things in small doses. Besides I am still in week one... by week 7 I bet cha that things will be a lot different because I have worked harder. 

My menu today was:

Breakfast:
-1 scoop of whey protein powder
-8oz of water
-1 tbs flax seeds
-1/3 cup low fat vanilla yogurt

Snack:
-1 Jif to go peanut butter cup
-1 Granny Smith Apple

Lunch:
-4oz chicken breasts diced
-1 cup of spring mix salad
-1/2 an avocado
-1 tbs poppy seed dressing

Snack:
-1 packet of tuna
-1 hard boiled egg
-1/2 avocado

Dinner:
-Flank steak pinwheels (green bell pepper, feta cheese, red onion)
-1 Broccoli Head

I was thinking about having another snack before bed but I am really pooped! 

See you tomorrow!! 

xoxo Kaila 


No comments:

Post a Comment