Sunday, March 23, 2014

Meal Plan and Prep

Today I wanted to share with you my meal prep and plan for competition prep week 2. Since one of my goals this week was to be completely on competition diet by the end of the week I have made sure that my meal plan reflects that. I have also decided to cut back on logging my foods with myfitnesspal because it is taking up to much of my time and then I end up stressing about being 3 grams of carbs over for the day, however I will still continue to do it if I have time.

Like I said before and I will say it again... meal planning is the hardest part of this whole thing. I can work out like a champ but when it comes to writing down what you are planning on eating for an entire week then actually sticking to it is tough cookies...mmmmm cookies... anyway it took me an honest hour an a half to put together my meal plan for the week but I was starting from scratch I think as the weeks go by I will get better at it but I will never stop doing research on nutrition and pinterest has been my god send!

Here is my meal plan for the week (sorry for the crappy picture):

I will be making everything from scratch and will post the recipes on my Recipes page as I go and since I am having Tuna Salad for lunch tomorrow I will put that one up with my update tomorrow night :) p.s. the sausage patties are actually turkey sausage links this week since I noticed while I was at the store that 3 links has less sodium then 2 of the turkey sausage patties with the same caloric count and protein. The toast is also 100% whole wheat bread.

I also meal prepped for the week which I highly recommend. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten ready to leave for work then thought oh shoot I forgot to cook my chicken... then I end up eating something that I did not plan for and usually not clean. Its better to plan ahead. Since this week I will be eating chicken for lunch and dinner I am making 3 large chicken breasts (about half a breast is between 4 and 6 ounces) and 3 sweet potatoes ahead of time.

The seasoning that I put on my chicken is all sodium free. I put the spices on the chicken one at a time usually in this order:

Italian Seasoning
Garlic Powder
Paprika 
Sage
Onion Powder
Rosemary
Turmeric 

I love spices better then just splashing on some Ms. dash and this combo is my fav and you can certainly mix them all together and do it rub style. :) 

I cook both the potatoes and the chicken at 375 for an hour or until the chicken is done. 

Today is my easy day I only need to run 2 miles :) technically this is my rest day but after the work outs I have been putting in only a 2 mile run is easy peasy! I hope you like my meal planning tactics and it helps you out if you are planing on competing bikini. Off to go run now!

xoxo Kaila

6 comments:

  1. Meal prep is my life saver!!!! That to me is the most important part to competition prep. It doesn't matter how hard you train, if your diet is poor you will have no gains (or losses)! I keep an extra copy of my meal plan on my fridge as a reminder to step away and wait for the right time to eat the right thing. (:
    Hope you had a fantastic run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I forgot to mention. Make Quest bars your best friend! They taste great, packed with protein but not calories. They just came out with cookies and cream. That may help crush your sweet tooth. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Now I want one. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome thanks Rebecca! I will check out Quest bars ASAP! Are you a competitor or have you competed before?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always been a fitness freak and a running junkie. Moved to the country last year and fell off the wagon. I needed to challenge myself and have always admired the dedication competitors have. I decided I will compete too. Mine is in July. (:
    I am super stoked!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so exciting! Mine is June 7th so we are not that far from each other! Are you blogging about your experience? If so I would love to follow along! Its so nice to meet someone who is a first time competitor like me! Yay for the Novices!! :)

      Delete
  5. You know, I probably should start blogging about it. Once my lap top is fixed I will. We can be accountability partners!
    Whoop whoop novice! Oh,I am following you on pinterest though. (:

    ReplyDelete